“I would advise my young colleagues, the composers of symphonies, to drop in sometimes at the kindergarten, too.
It is there that it is decided whether there will be anybody to understand their works in twenty years time”
The Kodaly Concept of music education intensifies without the conventional method of music learning. Singing Games are the key to a child’s finest musical development. The range of pitches increases to an octave along with learning complex rhythms. Musical elements like Forms, Structures, Genres, Triads, Arpeggio, Syncopation, Anacrusis and many more are introduced at the age of five years. A child develops skills for teamwork, working on his own, leadership, language and math’s. His memory power, balance, imagination, creativity, improves. He is completely ready to further study music either Singing or Instrumental Music.
- In tune singing in a group and alone, independent beginning, in-tune, correct range, correct tempo, echo singing of new patterns
- Steady beat and melodic rhythm
- Differences in song rhythms, identification of songs from rhythm
- Differences between fast and slow, independent performances
- Aesthetic, uniform movements, various spatial patterns, dance movements
- Clapping back rhythmic motives
- Singing back motives with invented texts, individually and in a group
- Octave, fifth and third distance, spatial demonstration
- All permutations of soft-loud, fast-slow
- Identification of fine differences in sounds and one another’s voices
- Attentive listening to longer examples of singing or instrumental music
- Use of drum, triangle and cymbals independently and in a variety of ways